Disabled Students' Allowances

Department for Education written question – answered on 6th February 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve McCabe Steve McCabe Labour, Birmingham, Selly Oak

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, whether financial assistance is available for students from the lowest-income households who qualify for the disabled student allowance to help with the £200 required to access specialist equipment.

Photo of Chris Skidmore Chris Skidmore Vice-Chair, Conservative Party, Minister of State (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Education)

Students from the lowest-income households who started their courses this year have access to the largest ever amounts of cash-in-hand support for their living costs. Students from lower income households are eligible to receive the maximum amount of maintenance loan available in addition to Disabled Students’ Allowances. Some higher education providers may help students to meet the £200 contribution, but that is at the provider’s discretion.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.