Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Motor Vehicles: Exhaust Emissions

Department for Transport written question – answered on 29th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Edward Davey Edward Davey Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Home Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps his Department is taking to support local authorities with the enforcement of anti-idling legislation.

Photo of Jesse Norman Jesse Norman Minister of State (Department for Transport)

Local Authorities are able to issue fixed penalty notices under The Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002. As set out in the Government’s response to the Joint Committee on Air Quality we are modernising the guidance on use of these powers, which will then be re-issued.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.