Department for International Trade: Contracts

Department for International Trade written question – answered on 29th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Frank Field Frank Field Chair, Work and Pensions Committee

To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, which service providers are contracted to carry out third party cleaning contracts for his Department; if he will list all of the services delivered by third party contractors to his Department; and how many people working for those third party contractors are paid less than the Living Wage as defined by the Living Wage Foundation.

Photo of Graham Stuart Graham Stuart Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for International Trade)

Cleaning services in buildings managed by the Department for International Trade (55 Whitehall and 3 Whitehall Place) are provided by the Ministry of Justice under contracts they hold for facilities management. The MOJ have confirmed that all cleaning staff (from their supplier OCS) are currently paid at least the London Living Wage. Where the Department for International Trade is a tenant in buildings belonging to other Government departments, this information is not held.

A list of all services delivered by third party contractors to the Department is not held in a centralised location and the information requested could only be obtained at disproportionate cost. Since January 2011, details of central government contracts above the value of £10,000 are published on Contracts Finder. Contracts published prior to 26 February 2015 can be viewed at: Those published since 26 February 2015 can be viewed at:

Rates of pay for people working for third party contractors are determined by their respective employers and is not held by the Department. All outsourced providers are required to pay as a minimum, either the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.