Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Independent Case Examiner

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 28th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Karen Buck Karen Buck Labour, Westminster North

Too ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if she will make it her policy to allow complainants to ask their Member of Parliament to refer their complaint to the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman if the Independent Case Examiner has not reached a substantive decision on their complaint within six months.

Photo of Justin Tomlinson Justin Tomlinson The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

It is open to Members of Parliament to refer complaints to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman at any time they choose, regardless of whether the Independent Case Examiner’s process has been exhausted. The decision as to whether to accept them without an Independent Case Examiner’s investigation rests with the Ombudsman’s office.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.