Health Services: Rural Areas

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 29th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Anne Marie Morris Anne Marie Morris Conservative, Newton Abbot

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to hold discussions with the National Centre for Rural Health and Care on rural health issues.

Photo of Steve Brine Steve Brine The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Public Health England (PHE) engages with the National Centre for Rural Health and Care (NCRHC) as a partner and provides expert public health advice and information to the centre. PHE promotes the NCRHC’s work through its networks of stakeholders and partners across health and social care organisations and has provided a platform for the work of the NCRHC at national and regional conferences. PHE made specific contribution to the Data and Insight workstream, one of four workstreams prioritised by the NCRHC. In addition, PHE provided Public Health Consultant level support in the initial stages of the set up of the NCRHC.

PHE has given evidence to the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Health and Care, which is supported by the NCRHC. Minutes from this meeting are available to view at the following link:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.