Forensic Science: Misconduct

Ministry of Justice written question – answered on 23rd January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Louise Haigh Louise Haigh Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Policing)

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what steps his Department is taking to provide public information on the right of people to apply for a C650 Application notice to vary or set aside an order in relation to children as a result of the manipulation of forensic tests.

Photo of Lucy Frazer Lucy Frazer The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice

Holding answer received on 17 January 2019

Individuals concerned about the potential impact of an unreliable test result in their case can make an application to the family court to change, or set aside, the final order made in their case. The Government has established a bespoke process to do so through form C650 and has waived the court fee for all applications made using this process. This was announced by the Minister for Policing in a written Ministerial statement on 21 November 2017 (HCWS265). My department then wrote to the Justice Select Committee and a number of key stakeholders to draw their attention to this process including the Law Society, the Bar Council and the Association of Lawyers for Children. Information about the court process and a link to form C650 is publicly available at

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.