Rural Areas: EU Grants and Loans

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 7th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Ruth George Ruth George Labour, High Peak

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, with reference to the letter of 18 November from the Minister of State for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food to the hon. Member for High Peak on small abattoirs, if he will provide (a) a list the 79 LEADER groups in England and (b) the closing date of applications for each LEADER group in each area.

Photo of George Eustice George Eustice The Minister of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Full details of the 79 LEADER groups are available through the Rural Development Programme for England LEADER homepage on

At a national level, the LEADER programme is on track to commit the majority of its funds by March 2019 with more than half of these groups now closed to new applications.

Individual LEADER groups close their programmes when they have sufficient demand to spend their full allocation. As a result, the decision to close is made by the LEADER groups and is shown on their individual websites.

A list of LEADER programmes currently open is provided in the table below.

Beds and Hunts Claylands


Clay Vales

Coast, Wolds, Wetlands and Waterways

Durham and Coast Lowlands

East Kent

Eastern Plateau


Greensand Ridge

Heart of Wessex

Loddon and Test

Mersey Rural

New Forest

North Nottinghamshire

North Pennine Dales

North Warwickshire Hinckley and Bosworth

North Wessex Downs

North York Moors, Coast and Hills

Northern Lincolnshire

Northumberland Coast and Lowlands

Northumberland Uplands

Plain Action

Rural Surrey

South East Cornwall

South Nottinghamshire

South Pennines

Vale Action

Wealden and Rother Rural Partnership

West Cheshire and Warrington

West Kent

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.