High Rise Flats: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 7th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Hilary Benn Hilary Benn Chair, Committee on Exiting the European Union

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Written Statement of 29 November 2018 on Grenfell Update, Official Report HCWS1126, what types of dangerous cladding local authorities are able to remove from high-rise buildings under new measures on enforcement and remedial action.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

As highlighted in the written statement, the Housing Health and Safety Rating System operating guidance has been bolstered by an addendum, with specific guidance on the assessment of high-rise residential buildings with unsafe cladding.

The Housing Act 2004 and secondary legislation which underpin the Housing Health and Safety Rating System provide powers to local housing authorities to identify, assess hazards, and take enforcement action against owners of residential buildings in their area where those owners are not acting responsibly in respect of hazards. This includes unsafe cladding systems of whatever type.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.