Disabled Students Allowances: Visual Impairment

Department for Education written question – answered on 8th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve McCabe Steve McCabe Labour, Birmingham, Selly Oak

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, pursuant to the Answer of 13 December 2018 to Question 199284 on Disabled Students' Allowances: Visual Impairment, what steps his Department has taken to ensure that students are aware of their right to invoke an exceptional case process.

Photo of Chris Skidmore Chris Skidmore Vice-Chair, Conservative Party, Minister of State (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Education)

Students who are eligible for Disabled Students’ Allowances can apply for the Exceptional Case Process where they have entered into dispute with their Higher Education Provider (HEP). Students will be advised of this process by the HEP’s disability officer or welfare officer. Students will also be advised of the process should they contact the Student Loans Company.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.