Disabled Students Allowances: Visual Impairment

Department for Education written question – answered on 8th January 2019.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve McCabe Steve McCabe Labour, Birmingham, Selly Oak

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, pursuant to the answer of 13 December 2018 to Question 199284 on Disabled Students' Allowances: Visual Impairment, what support is available to students who invoke an exceptional case process.

Photo of Chris Skidmore Chris Skidmore Vice-Chair, Conservative Party, Minister of State (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Education)

The Exceptional Case Process (ECP) provides support to students eligible for the Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs), who are in dispute with their higher education provider (HEP) over reasonable adjustments for areas of need identified in the students’ DSAs needs assessment report. The ECP can provide interim funding to pay for recommended support to enable the student to study whilst the dispute is being settled.

It is not the purpose of ECP interim funding to replace reasonable adjustments that should be made by a HEP.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.