Government Departments: Military Aid

Ministry of Defence written question – answered on 28th December 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Michael Fabricant Michael Fabricant Conservative, Lichfield

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what requests his Department has received from other Government Departments for the use of service personnel as part of (a) the Modernising Defence Programme and (b) other programmes to improve the resilience and defence of the UK; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Mark Lancaster Mark Lancaster The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence

The Ministry of Defence (MOD) routinely works with other Government Departments to assure the resilience of the UK. The MOD holds forces, specialist capabilities and equipment ready to provide assistance to civil authorities if required.

While programmes like the Modernising Defence Programme are used to agree the range of tasks that Defence fulfils for the Government, specific requests for Service personnel are made through the separate, routine process of cross-Government operational planning.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.