Air Pollution: Educational Institutions

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 4th December 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Barry Sheerman Barry Sheerman Labour/Co-operative, Huddersfield

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps he is taking to make a comparative assessment of air quality in (a) primary schools, (b) secondary schools, (c) universities and (d) other educational environments.

Photo of Therese Coffey Therese Coffey The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

We do not make comparative assessment for individual buildings and establishments. However, we have provided local authorities with statutory duties and powers to review and assess local air quality and declare Air Quality Management Areas where necessary. The local authorities can put in place action plans to clean up the local air.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.