We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Gender Recognition: Children and Young People

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 5th December 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kate Green Kate Green Chair, Committee on Standards, Chair, Committee on Privileges

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what guidance is provided to clinical commissioning groups on preserving the fertility of children and young people who undergo treatment for gender dysphoria.

Photo of Jackie Doyle-Price Jackie Doyle-Price The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Clinical commissioning groups have responsibility to plan and commission fertility services in their local area. Gender Identity Development Services provide a range of educational information to young people and their general practitioners, including educational days, to aid decision making in this regard which also ensures informed consent is obtained before any medical treatment.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.