Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder


Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 20th November 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of David Evennett David Evennett Conservative, Bexleyheath and Crayford

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if his Department will make an assessment of the effectiveness of the NHS in supporting people who have a gambling addiction.

Photo of Steve Brine Steve Brine The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Many people with gambling problems will receive treatment from the National Health Service. There are a range of services available to problem gamblers, details of which can be found on the NHS Choices website at the following link:

Specialist facilities are provided through industry funding. Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust has a national problem gambling clinic which accepts referrals from all over the United Kingdom. Further details are available at the following link:

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has been commissioned to explore developing a guideline on non-chemical addictions, including gambling, which will give support to clinicians seeking to support problem gamblers.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.