Armed Forces: Waste Disposal

Ministry of Defence written question – answered on 15th November 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tulip Siddiq Tulip Siddiq Labour, Hampstead and Kilburn

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what support his Department provides to former armed forces personnel who have health concerns relating to their exposure to military burn pits during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Photo of Tobias Ellwood Tobias Ellwood The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence

Any Armed Forces veteran who believes they have suffered ill health due to their Service is eligible to claim compensation under the War Pensions Scheme (WPS) or the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS). The WPS covers illness or injury due to Service before 6 April 2005 and the AFCS covers illnesses and injuries on or after 6 April 2005. Both schemes carry full rights of appeal to an independent tribunal.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.