Fireworks: Yorkshire and the Humber

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 14th November 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alex Sobel Alex Sobel Labour/Co-operative, Leeds North West

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what information his Department holds on the number of (a) people and (b) animals injured in incidents involving fireworks at private, non-organised events during November in each of the last five years in Yorkshire and Humber.

Photo of Jake Berry Jake Berry Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

MHCLG does not hold data for people or animals injured in incidents involving fireworks.

Government takes firework safety very seriously and the Office for Product Safety and Standards is currently working with industry, retailers, charities and others, including the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) and Netmums, to promote the safe and responsible use of fireworks and to raise consumer awareness on firework safety.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.