Fracking: Lancashire

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 16th November 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Menzies Mark Menzies Conservative, Fylde

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what estimate he has made of the number of planning permission breaches at the Preston New Road Shale gas site since the commencement of exploratory drilling.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The Department does not record centrally the number of breaches of planning control that may have occurred at any particular development site. Enforcement action against any suspected breaches of planning control is a matter for local planning authorities. Local authorities who wish to take enforcement action against breaches of planning control can bid for resources from the Department’s £1.6 million shale support funding scheme.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No35 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.