Hearing Impairment: Children

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 7th November 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Royston Smith Royston Smith Conservative, Southampton, Itchen

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what financial support his Department makes available to support children with hearing difficulties.

Photo of Caroline Dinenage Caroline Dinenage Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

NHS England commissions some services for children with hearing loss as identified in ‘Commissioning Intentions 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 For Prescribed Specialised Services’. These include provision of cochlear implants, bone conduction hearing aids and mental health services.

Clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) are responsible for commissioning other hearing loss services for their local populations. As with other services which CCGs commission, they should take into consideration assessments of local need and any relevant guidance.

‘Commissioning services for people with hearing loss: A framework for clinical commissioning groups’, published by NHS England in July 2016, provides guidance to inform and support commissioners when making local decisions.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.