The Department publishes a range of detailed statistics for Personal Independence Payment (PIP on Stat-Xplore: https://stat-xplore.dwp.gov.uk/. Guidance on how to use Stat-Xplore can be found here: https://sw.stat-xplore.dwp.gov.uk/webapi/online-help/index.html.
These statistics include monthly caseloads (claims in payment) for claimants of PIP broken down by disability including leukaemia, myeloma, Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- The category “Leukaemia” includes 6 categories under the DLA computer system - Leukaemia - myelogenous (myeloid) acute, Leukaemia - lymphoblastic – acute, Leukaemia - myeloid - chronic, Leukaemia - lymphocytic – chronic, Leukaemias - Other / type not known, Cancer and Leukaemia.
- The PIP Reassessment outcome in Table 1 shows the outcome of the first DWP decision on each reassessment claim (i.e. prior to any reconsideration, appeal action and award review), where that decision was made between 1st January 2015 and 31st October 2017.
- DLA Entitlement is the DLA award at the time of PIP reassessment registration.
- Reassessment outcomes are for individuals who were aged 16 to 64 on 8th April 2013
- Data includes PIP claims made under both Normal Rules and Special Rules for the Terminally Ill. However, under DLA a claimant can be recorded as “Terminally Ill” rather than as having a named disability. Therefore, such cases are excluded from the above figures.
- The statistics provided relate to DLA award levels so primary disabling condition is reported as recorded on the DLA computer system. Claimants may often have multiple disabling conditions upon which the decision is based but only the primary condition is shown in these statistics.
- Primary disabling condition may be recorded differently on the PIP and DLA computer systems.
- Figures are rounded to the nearest 10.
- # indicates a value of less than 10.
- Totals may not sum due to rounding.
- Great Britain only.