Universal Credit

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 29th October 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Caroline Flint Caroline Flint Labour, Don Valley

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether funding for the Universal credit support scheme by Citizens Advice is planned to be allocated at a national, regional or local level.

Photo of Alok Sharma Alok Sharma The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

Universal Support provides Universal Credit claimants with digital and budgeting skills.

Earlier this month we announced a new Universal Support partnership with Citizens Advice and Citizens Advice Scotland, which they will develop and run alongside the current provision offered by local authorities until 31 March 2019. From April 2019 Citizens Advice and Citizens Advice Scotland will take on sole responsibility for delivering a Universal Support service, a move which will ensure a consistent and streamlined service for claimants across the country.

The funding for this will be allocated directly to Citizens Advice and Citizens Advice Scotland at a national level.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.