Children: Dyslexia

Department for Education written question – answered on 22nd October 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Henry Smith Henry Smith Conservative, Crawley

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what guidance his Department has issued to local authorities on assessments for children who may have dyslexia.

Photo of Nadhim Zahawi Nadhim Zahawi The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

Schools are required under the Children and Families Act (2014) to identify and address the special educational needs (SEN) of the pupils or students they support, and guidance is set out in the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Code of Practice. This includes arranging for appropriate tests where the school’s own assessments indicate that this is necessary

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No3 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.