We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, pursuant to the Answer of 11 October 2018 to Question 176002 on Palliative Care: Children, what the locations are of the eight centres commissioned nationally by NHS England as part of its remit to deliver specialised paediatric palliative care services.
There are 10 centres across the country currently delivering children’s specialised palliative care services. These are:
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust;
- Birmingham Women's and Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust;
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust;
- Shrewsbury And Telford Hospital NHS Trust;
- Taunton And Somerset NHS Foundation Trust; and
Given the way in which paediatric specialised palliative care is commissioned, it is not possible to separate or break down the related expenditure at each of the 10 hospitals from within the NHS England accounts.
In the previous answer given on 11 October, we incorrectly stated that there were eight centres which deliver specialised paediatric palliative care services. NHS England has advised that that the correct figure is 10 centres and we will arrange for the record to be corrected.