We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Planning Permission: Rural Areas

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 18th October 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Nigel Evans Nigel Evans Conservative, Ribble Valley

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what assessment he has made of the suitability of the National Planning Policy Framework in rural areas, such as the Ribble Valley.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

As part of the preparation of the revised National Planning Policy Framework, representations were received from local authorities and neighbourhood planning groups across the country, as well as groups that have a focus on countryside issues.

Officials also proactively reached out to communities through a series of regional events run by the Planning Advisory Service and the Royal Town Planning Institute.

The Framework confirms that in rural areas, planning policies and decisions should be responsive to local circumstances and support housing developments that reflect local needs.

It is for local authorities to consider how to implement the National Planning Policy Framework in their area through the plan-making process.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.