Rights of Way: Portsmouth

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 11th October 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Morgan Stephen Morgan Labour, Portsmouth South

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps he is taking to ensure that Portsmouth City Council bring forward an Order for a restricted Byway at the Camber.

Photo of Therese Coffey Therese Coffey The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Rights of way orders are processed by the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) on behalf of the Secretary of State. Following referral to PINS last year, it has confirmed that following a schedule 14 appeal against Portsmouth City Council’s refusal to make an order, a decision was issued on 21 February and the appeal was allowed.

The council was therefore directed to make an order; however in line with normal procedures no time limit for the making of the order was given in the decision.

A link to the decision can be found here:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.