The number of general practitioners (GP) (headcount), excluding retainers, registrars and locums, for NHS South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group is available in the following table. Figures are not available for Jarrow. Due to changes in the data source, comparisons before and after 2015 should be treated with caution.
Source: NHS Digital
- Figures as at 30 September or 31 March.
- Prior to 2015 figures are sourced from National Health Application and Infrastructure Services GP Payments (Exeter) System. From 2015 figures are sourced from the workforce Minimum Dataset and include estimates for practices not submitting valid GP data.
- Due to the change in data source, caution should be exercised when comparing figures prior to 2015 with those from 2015 onwards.
- Locum data was not collected prior to 2015, so not all GP figures are available for this period.
- Figures shown do not include GPs working in prisons, army bases, educational establishments, specialist care centres including drug rehabilitation centres and walk-in centres.