Emergency Travel Documents

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 10th September 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jo Stevens Jo Stevens Labour, Cardiff Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, how much his Department has received in charges for providing emergency travel documents to UK citizens in each of the last five years.

Photo of Harriett Baldwin Harriett Baldwin Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Joint with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office), Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development)

​Over the last five financial years the Foreign & Commonwealth Office has received income averaging £3.2m per year from providing emergency travel documents to UK citizens. These are designed to cover the costs of providing the service. Details by financial year are as follows:

Financial Year

Income from Emergency Travel Documents











2018-2019 (to 31/08)


Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.