Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Animal Experiments

Home Office written question – answered on 13th September 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matthew Offord Matthew Offord Conservative, Hendon

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he will ensure that applications for Government-funded research require that animal research conducted in third countries is conducted at standards permitted in the UK.

Photo of Ben Wallace Ben Wallace Minister of State (Home Office) (Security)

The Home Office only grants licences for animal research which is to be undertaken in the UK. The Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, as amended in 2012, regulates the use of animals for research in the UK and does not apply to research undertaken in third countries.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.