Bereavement Support Payment

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 10th September 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Angela Eagle Angela Eagle Labour, Wallasey

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what support his Department provides for unmarried bereaved parents and their children who are ineligible for bereavement support payments.

Photo of Justin Tomlinson Justin Tomlinson The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

People not entitled to Bereavement Support Payment may be entitled to income-related benefits which provide longer term assistance with everyday living costs. Those in receipt of a means-tested benefit or tax credits may qualify for a Funeral Expenses Payment if they are responsible for arranging a funeral. Families with dependent children can also receive benefits for their children such as Child Benefit.

Information about all benefits can be found on the GOV.UK website. Jobcentre Plus staff are best placed to discuss individual circumstances and help claim any benefits. They may also be able to point people in the direction of other organisations that could be of assistance, such as Citizens Advice who can offer independent financial advice.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.