Employment and Support Allowance

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 11th September 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Marsha de Cordova Marsha de Cordova Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (Disabled People)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what procedures her Department has put in place for a submission of a Permitted Work 1 form by a disabled benefit claimant in the Support Group of Employment and Support Allowance to result in the issue of an ESA50 form and a call up for a Work Capability Assessment.

Photo of Sarah Newton Sarah Newton The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

The permitted work rules are intended to provide encouragement and help to enable people to make a gradual move into full-time work. Anyone claiming Employment and Support Allowance can do permitted work for fewer than 16 hours per week and earn up to £125.50 per week, for an indefinite period, without it affecting their benefit entitlement.

There is no procedure in place which automatically links a request for permitted work to a Work Capability Assessment referral.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.