Children: Maintenance

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 6th September 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Marion Fellows Marion Fellows SNP Whip, Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Small Business, Enterprise and Innovation)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps she is taking to ensure that the Child Maintenance Service uses up-to-date income information automatically obtained from HMRC for non-resident parents when making maintenance calculations where HMRC does not possess income information for a full tax year.

Photo of Justin Tomlinson Justin Tomlinson The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

Where the Child Maintenance Service requests information about a Paying Parent’s income HMRC will provide information for the most recent complete tax year they have in the last six years. In the majority of cases this will generate a clear and easily understood income figure. Where this is not possible the Child Maintenance Service will make a calculation based on information, which parents are legally required to provide, which demonstrates what the Paying Parent’s current income is.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.