Hearing Impairment

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 4th September 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Royston Smith Royston Smith Conservative, Southampton, Itchen

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what Government support is available to people with hearing impairments in respect of a) assisted access to public buildings and b) financial support for assistive products.

Photo of Caroline Dinenage Caroline Dinenage Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

The Equality Act 2010 gives people with disabilities important rights to use and access services without being subjected to disability discrimination. Providers of public services have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to improve accessibility of services for people with disabilities, including sensory impairment.

Local authorities commission community equipment and adaptations and clinical commissioning groups commission hearing aids, and other health-related equipment. NHS England commissions Augmentative and Alternative Communication aids.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.