British Overseas Territories: Environment Protection

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 5 September 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Rosindell Andrew Rosindell NATO Parliamentary Assembly UK Delegation, Co Chair, British-Irish Parliamentary Assembly

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps his Department is taking to ensure that UK Overseas Territories can continue to access environmental funding after the UK leaves the EU.

Photo of Therese Coffey Therese Coffey The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

We are considering how environmental funding for the UK Overseas Territories can best be provided after we leave the EU.

The Overseas Territories will be able to continue to apply to the Government’s Darwin Plus programme, run by Defra, which supports biodiversity in the Overseas Territories. In 2018-19 we are providing £2.5 million funding through Darwin Plus.

We have also set aside £4.77 million of the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund, over four years, to address environmental security issues in the Overseas Territories.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.