Travel: Carers

Department for Transport written question – answered on 12th July 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Shannon Jim Shannon Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Human Rights), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Health)

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will make it his policy to seek funding from the Treasury for public travel passes to be issued to family carers; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Nusrat Ghani Nusrat Ghani Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport), Assistant Whip (HM Treasury)

We are working with the sector to encourage operators to continue to improve their concessionary travel offers.

Local authorities have the power to offer additional local concessions and are best placed to make decisions that more closely match their needs and circumstances.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.