Rented Housing: Energy Performance Certificates

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 10th July 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Caroline Lucas Caroline Lucas Co-Leader of the Green Party

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, pursuant to the Answer of 9 November 2017 to Question 151139 on Energy Performance Certificates, and the Answer of 15 June 2018 to Question 111244 on Energy Performance Certificates, if he will publish the conclusions reached on levels of compliance with Energy Performance Certificates for the rental sector during each calendar year from 2008-9 to 2016-17; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Kit Malthouse Kit Malthouse Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

It is the responsibility of the person selling or renting a building to ensure that an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is made available. Data on the numbers of EPCs lodged is available at: This includes data on energy performance certificates lodged for the purposes of a private rental. However, the Government does not hold data about the number of buildings in the private rented sector for which an EPC should have been made available but has not been.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.