Occupational Therapy: Health Services

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 5th July 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Luciana Berger Luciana Berger Labour/Co-operative, Liverpool, Wavertree

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will encourage officials working on local strategic planning to include contributions from occupational therapists in that planning to seek to improve the physical health and activity of local populations.

Photo of Dominic Raab Dominic Raab Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Holding answer received on 03 July 2018

Contributions from development towards local infrastructure are collected primarily through two mechanisms, Section 106 planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). Local authorities can use both mechanisms to help fund public health infrastructure.

Local planning authorities should work closely with healthcare infrastructure providers to identify infrastructure capacity and requirements over the plan period. Local planning authorities should assess the quality and capacity of infrastructure and the ability to meet forecasted demands to determine if such infrastructure is required.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.