Energy: Meters

Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy written question – answered on 5th July 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve McCabe Steve McCabe Labour, Birmingham, Selly Oak

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what progress he has made on a communications solution for signal penetration issues which prevent the installation of smart meters in properties.

Photo of Claire Perry Claire Perry The Minister of State, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Minister of State (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Energy and Clean Growth)

The Data Comms Company has contracted for Wide Area Network coverage for at least 99.25% of premises in Great Britain. The Government’s strategy for smart metering Home Area Network (HAN) coverage aims to ensure 100% HAN coverage. The core solution ensures 70% of premises have Home Area Network coverage. This will increase to around 95% of premises from early 2019. Industry is working to develop HAN solutions for the remaining c. 5% of premises.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.