Social Security Benefits: Disability

Ministry of Justice written question – answered on 6th July 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Fitzpatrick Jim Fitzpatrick Labour, Poplar and Limehouse

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, whether HM Courts and Tribunal Service is sending a copy of the new enquiry form being sent to disabled and unwell people in respect personal independence payments or employment and support allowance to that person's advocate or representative where the contact details of that person or organisation have already been included on the original SSCS1 appeal form.

Photo of Rory Stewart Rory Stewart The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice

The Social Security and Child Benefit (SSCS) Direct Lodgement Centre, based in Bradford, has since April 2013 dealt with the receipt, compliance checking and case creation of all SSCS appeals for England and Wales. This includes appeals against decisions on all Department for Work and Pensions administered benefits, alongside the following from HMRC: Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits, and Child Benefit.

The prescribed form for a lodgment of an appeal is the SSCS1 form, and on receipt of a compliant appeal in this form the DLC would not issue a further hearing enquiry form. Appeals are accepted without an SSCS1 form, usually received in the form of a letter, and in these circumstances a hearing enquiry form is sent to the appellant, and the DLC would send the enquiry form to the appellants contact details only. Within the Direct Lodgment Process, we are not aware of any process were enquiry forms are routinely sent on an appeal received on an SSCS1 form.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.