Immigration: Biometrics

Home Office written question – answered on 26th June 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve Reed Steve Reed Shadow Minister (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) (Civil Society)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the average waiting time is for issuing biometric residence permits in the most recent period for which figures are available.

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes The Minister for Immigration

The average waiting time for issuing Biometric Residence Permits (BRP) is not specifically included in statistics published by the Home Office. However, the overall processing times for applications made to UKVI are published.

Published information can be found at www.gov.uk/government/collections/immigration-statistics-quarterly-release

Once the decision to grant leave is made a request to personalise the BRP is made electronically to Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) who produce the personalised BRP on behalf of UKVI. They have a service level to personalise 90% of BRPs within one working day of receipt and the remaining 10% within two working days of receipt. DVLA currently personalise 100% of cards within one working day of receipt.

Once produced, the card is either delivered to the customer or made available for collection by the customer from the Post Office depending upon whether the leave application was made inside or outside the UK. For those cards requiring delivery in the UK, the card is collected by from DVLA by DX. DX has a service level agreement to attempt to deliver 100% of BRPs within 48 hours of receipt from DVLA. They currently meet this service standard. For those cards to be collected from the Post Office, they are made available for collection within 10 days of the customer’s

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.