Food: Safety

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 3rd July 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of The Countess of Mar The Countess of Mar Deputy Chairman of Committees, Deputy Speaker (Lords)

To ask Her Majesty's Government how many food samples each local authority submitted to a Public Analyst in 2016–17; how many of those samples were part of (1) the Food Standards Agency’s nationally co-ordinated food sampling programme, and (2) the local authority’s own programme.

Photo of Lord O'Shaughnessy Lord O'Shaughnessy The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

A table showing the number of food samples each local authority submitted to a Public Analyst laboratory in 2016/17, as reported to the Food Standards Agency on the United Kingdom Food Surveillance System, is attached due to the size of the data. Of the 13,362 reported, 2,857 (21%) were part of a nationally coordinated sampling programme with the remaining 10,505 (79%) being part of local programmes.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.