Local Government: Laboratories

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 3rd July 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of The Countess of Mar The Countess of Mar Deputy Chairman of Committees, Deputy Speaker (Lords)

To ask Her Majesty's Government which body is responsible for ensuring that local authority staff carrying out official controls to ensure the verification of compliance with feed and food law, animal health and animal welfare rules have access to an adequate laboratory capacity for testing.

Photo of Lord O'Shaughnessy Lord O'Shaughnessy The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

In the United Kingdom, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is the body responsible for animal health and welfare rules. The Food Standards Agency is the responsible body for food and feed law. Both Government bodies are responsible for ensuring the staff carrying out official controls have access to adequate laboratory capacity.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.