Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Immigration: EU Nationals

Home Office written question – answered on 21st June 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Blomfield Paul Blomfield Shadow Minister (Exiting the European Union)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what provision he plans to make for carers in the test for self-sufficiency for EU nationals applying for settled status.

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes The Minister for Immigration

There will be no test for self-sufficiency for those applying for settled status. As a matter of domestic policy, we have decided that the main requirement for eligibility under the EU Settlement Scheme will be continuous residence in the UK. Applicants will not need to demonstrate that they met the relevant requirements in the Free Movement Directive as to permitted activity.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.