Sleeping Rough

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 21st June 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Neil Coyle Neil Coyle Labour, Bermondsey and Old Southwark

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what assessment he has made of the availability of assessments under the Care Act 2014 for people sleeping rough.

Photo of Jackie Doyle-Price Jackie Doyle-Price The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

The Care Act 2014 requires that where an adult or carer appears to have care and support needs the local authority must carry out an assessment. This includes adults who are rough sleepers with care or support needs. The local authority must then decide if the person has eligible needs by considering the outcomes the person wants to achieve, what needs they have, and how these impact on their wellbeing.

Where any person, is assessed as having eligible care and support needs, these must be met by their local authority.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.