Social Rented Housing: Fire Prevention

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 11th June 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Healey John Healey Shadow Secretary of State for Housing

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether (a) local authorities and (b) housing associations are required to use non-combustible insulation to be eligible for Government funding to replace dangerous cladding.

Photo of James Brokenshire James Brokenshire The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government

Government has indicated that social sector should replace any unsafe cladding systems on their buildings with European class A1 or class A2 materials in order to be eligible for the funding. The A1 and A2 classifications are the same ones that are used in Scotland and many other countries. We will then fund reasonable costs associated with the removal and replacement of cladding systems, such as access, scaffolding, materials (including insulation) and labour. We will also continue to offer local authorities financial flexibilities for other essential work.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.