Government Departments: Buildings

Cabinet Office written question – answered on 11th June 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Laura Smith Laura Smith Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office)

To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, whether all government property has a record on e-PIMS; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Oliver Dowden Oliver Dowden The Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office

e-PIMS is a comprehensive electronic register of all central government property holdings, including information about requirements for new accommodation, and vacant and surplus properties. Bodies are responsible for entering complete and accurate information about all the properties they use and control on e-PIMS, and complete an annual verification process to confirm they have done this. Regular data quality assurance and sample checks are also carried out by the Office of Government Property.

Providing property information is mandatory for all:

- government departments

- non-ministerial departments and their executive agencies

- arms length bodies

- non-departmental public bodies

- special health authorities

Mandatory recording of information on e-PIMS does not apply to local authorities, the NHS (except for Special Health Authorities), public corporations, privatised railway undertakings, the Crown Estate; the Overseas estate or the Defence Estate (subject to some exceptions).

There are some other exclusions from e-PIMS, such as information about certain highly specialist properties (e.g. flood defences, pipelines, wayleaves and easements).

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.