The number of learning disability nursing students training in each academic year is shown in the following table.
Number of learning disability nursing students in training
Number of students
Source: Department of Health, Financial Information Management System system and Health Education England EDCOM (Education Commissioning) reports.
- Data prior to 2013 came from the Department of Health Financial Management System. Data collected after 2013 comes from Health Education England EDCOM reports.
- Data for the 2013/14 academic years are not available due to commissioning moving from the Department to Health Education England.
- Student numbers are recorded as of March in each academic year.
- Refers to students studying in England.
- Data for 2017/18 are not yet available.
On 9 May I announced £10 million funding for incentives for postgraduate students who go on to work in mental health and learning disability fields, as well as those postgraduates who go on to work in community nursing roles. I have asked officials to work closely with stakeholders on the roll out of the scheme.