Immigration: Children

Home Office written question – answered on 19th April 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Vicky Foxcroft Vicky Foxcroft Opposition Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether her Department holds information on the number of families with no recourse to public funds who have been offered support under Section 17 of the Children's Act 1989 in (a) Lewisham Deptford constituency, (b) London and (c) England in each of the last seven years.

Photo of Caroline Nokes Caroline Nokes The Minister for Immigration

The Home Office is not required to hold this information. It is for Local Authorities in England to consider where support under the Children’s Act should be provided where the parents are subject to immigration conditions that restrict access to public funds.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.