Council Tax: Self-employed

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 19th April 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Anneliese Dodds Anneliese Dodds Shadow Minister (Treasury)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will commission research into the number of self-employed council tax support claimants who have lost (a) part and (b) all of their entitlement to council tax support since the introduction of the minimum income floor by local authorities.

Photo of Rishi Sunak Rishi Sunak Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

The distribution of local council tax support is a matter for local authorities and we do not currently intend to conduct research on the design or impacts of local schemes.

However, councils conduct equality impact assessments when designing their schemes each year and also consult local residents and take their views into account.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.