Council Tax: Self-employed

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 19th April 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Anneliese Dodds Anneliese Dodds Shadow Minister (Treasury)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, how many local authorities use the minimum income floor for universal credit to calculate the eligibility of self-employed claimants for council tax support.

Photo of Rishi Sunak Rishi Sunak Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

We have devolved the implementation of council tax support to local authorities in England, as they are best placed to decide how to provide help most effectively to low income council tax payers in their communities.

The Department does not hold information on the number of local authorities that use a minimum income floor in assessing self-employed applicants applying for council tax reduction.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.