Hong Kong: Foreign Relations

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 19th April 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Shannon Jim Shannon Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Human Rights), Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Health)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, whether he made any representations to the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or to the Government of the People's Republic of China as a result of the findings of the Tenth Report of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Session 2014-15, The UK's relations with Hong Kong: 30 years after the Joint Declaration, HC 649.

Photo of Mark Field Mark Field Minister of State

​The Government regularly discusses a range of issues with the Governments of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the People's Republic of China, including implementation of the Sino-British Joint Declaration and the importance of 'One Country, Two Systems'. As part of this ongoing dialogue, officials in Hong Kong discussed the FAC's report with their HKSARG counterparts.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.