Developing Countries: Rural Areas

Foreign and Commonwealth Office written question – answered on 27th March 2018.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Mann John Mann Chair, Treasury Sub-Committee

What steps his Department is taking to ensure the adequacy of the advice available to mountaineers and explorers visiting remote areas overseas.

Photo of Harriett Baldwin Harriett Baldwin Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Jointly with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office), Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development)

Our foreign travel advice covers 225 countries and territories. For many countries or regions that are popular with mountaineers and explorers, such as the Arctic, we include specific information on travel to remote areas. Travellers can use this alongside specialist advice from other sources to plan a safe and healthy trip, and we always recommend travellers take out appropriate insurance.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.